Tuesday 19 June 2012

Thanatophobia


"Who, me afraid of death?" "No way!" This is what human beings usually answer when questioned about their fear of death. I do not know how animals would react to a same question but animals have been seen risking their lives for their masters, no comments here. I feel that the answer of not being afraid of death comes from inexperience. It’s experience that makes us understand value of things and realize their potential. Most of us just hear or read about "Death" and have never seen it close to us This could be a reason why we say, "We are not afraid of death."
Thanatophobia is fear of death. Many people's fear of death is tied into their religious beliefs, particularly if they happen to be going through a period of questioning. Some people think that they know what will happen after death, but worry that they may be wrong. Some believe that the path to salvation is very straight and narrow, and fear that any deviations or mistakes may cause them to be eternally condemned.
Religious beliefs are highly personalized, I often see myself being dead in dreams and my fear is not death but sequences afterwards. So particularly, I am not afraid but possessive about my ideology and thinking on religious issue. But, why should I feel so? Talking on religious issue many will end up that there are things that do not need answers , you have to keep faith on it. In the world of 21st century, where the discoveries are resolving mysteries , we are still fearing of asking questions. To me, it's my moral right. I don't want to live the life where I was granted with the perfect religion but I wished to lit the light of beliefs in me.

2 comments: